nedelja, 5. oktober 2014

I can resist everything except temptation (O. Wilde)

Heyhey!
Since my lectures usually start at about 10 o'clock, I eat breakfast every day. Shocker, I know. Those of you who know me, know I don't eat in the mornings. I don't like it, I don't have time and overall I just appreciate that extra ten minutes of sleeping very much. But when you have the luxury of leaving your house at 9:45 all that changes.

So I tought, I would tell you a little about Irish food today. Or a little something about Irish food I find surprising. Because, believe me, it's more to irish food than just potatoes.

Window shopping

One word. Yeast. I miss yeast! Wierd sentence, I know. But the Irish apparently don't like yeast. Imagine bread without yeast. Here it's called soda bread. It's a little sweet and very light. Okay enough, but it's not the real thing.

And tea. I think I feel in tea-love. I drink tea all the time. Sometimes even instead off my usuall morning cappucino. I just love it: green tea, a spoon of brown sugar and a sip of milk. Delicious, healthy and warm treat!

Bring your own wine

Okay, now comes the wierd one: deep-fried Snickers. Or Mars. Or whatever. I know how it sounds, but I've tried it and I'm not gonna lie ... I was all over the stuff. So great I can't describe it.

What's your experience with irish food?

Chocolate's the answer!

Love,
Urška 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar